Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I think AG should make more dolls...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I think an AG family would be cool. Like, they would make the dolls representing a whole immediate family! I think they should make up a whole new character and then have the dolls for her whole, though small, family. I think it would be cute! Probably wouldn't make much money, though. It's just an idea.

    It would also be cool if there were American Boys dolls. I mean, the AG dolls would have a brother or friend that's a boy. I think it would be really cool if there were an 18in. version of the bitty twins, boy and girl. Not sure that would make much money, either, but it seems to be a cute idea.

  2. #2
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I think that's a cool idea too. I would love to see Lissie's sister Nan and her brother William. They gave us a baby Polly though, so we can dream! There are so many cool accessories and furniture they could come up with if they expanded the families.

    I would also like to see Kirsten's cousins, Lisbeth and Anna. And also her brothers Lars and Peter. AG could "reintrouduce" baby Polly as Kirsten's little sister Britta with no problem, just give her different clothes and a new crib. They could even use Polly as Addy's little sister too. Or Gard and Corneilia's baby. (is that all the babies in the stories?)

    There's a lot that AG could do to further the historical's collections. Unfortunately, some of those items would probably only be interesting (or affordable) to serious collectors. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Unfortunately, I think the whole point of American girl is to make girl dolls, lol!

    I think they should do the girls of many lands series again, but with 18" dolls! That would be awesome! I'd love to see Cecile as a "big girl" and Leyla.. and kathleen... why, that would be awesome!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd also like to see boys. But as more of an AGT thing, there could be three, one with blond hair and blue eyes (could work for Ricky, Peter, and Stirling), and one with brown hair, brown eyes (could work as Eddie), and an African American (who one could use as Sam, even though he wouldn't be the right size). I think it would give lots of opportunity for play value, and I think Kit and Ruthie will be sad without Stirling [img]frown.gif[/img] .

    I'm not sure about a Family, mum and dad would be a good foot taller than the 18" dolls!

  5. #5
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    I think they ought to stick with whats works and has been successful:

    -18 inch American <u>Girl</u> Dolls
    -Bitty Baby
    -Bitty Twins
    -Miniature Dollies---But Please!!! Go back to the wigs and glass eyes!

    Recent releases have had the BLECH!!!...painted on eyes, rooted hair, "kooky" joints..cheapened look...Quality is the key! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, I don't really care fore Mini Elizabeth's Barbie type hair. I just a Barbie brush on her hair...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree they should make siblings and a boy doll or two. I don't think they should be part of the core collection, but they do add. Like baby Polly doesn't take away from Felicty's collection, it just adds to it!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Excellent idea! I love the family thing, but if they made boys...then they couldn't be called American Girl anymore. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe they could do it under a seperate line...like American Families or American Boys... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No No, I can't go there. It is too hard just to get everything now for the girls. To think about dressing a brother and all of his accessories. Too much.

    Not to say, a boy 18" would not be fun.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •